Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My First Blog Post!

Ok All, well here it is, I officially have a blog. I have been keeping up on my sister's for quite some time and it's just so cute, I couldn't resist. Especially since Shane and I have so much going on all the time, it's really hard for me to keep in touch with everyone as much as I'd like, maybe I can maintain this. We are Jaime and Shane Gailey. Shane and I met in High School and after a marriage and a few kids later, we hooked up in 2005 thanks to his sister and a good mutual friend. Although we weren't planning in it ending up this way,We blended our family in 2006, and made it official when we got married July 19, 2008. All together we have 4 great kids. Austin ~ 8, Kielee ~ 6, Alexia ~5, and little Reese ~ 2 (on Saturday) Our lives can be a little hectic at times, but now, as a mother, and step mother, I feel so lucky to have been brought up in a blended family. And have learned that it really is a feat to bring two people from different backgrounds and lifestyles together into one home, then you throw kids into the mix and you've got yourself a handful! You blend, you mix, you shake you stir, and if you're as lucky as us, and with some attention and work, you just may end up with...Just the right mix! I look forward to sharing our crazy journey with you all. Hopeffully I can keep it up!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoooooo.... I think this may be more addicting than myspace because it is a place to brag and vent! You know we all need a place escape... I am starting a second blog. One with quick n easy recipes I try... I know I am a dork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Spencer and I can finally keep up with people that we hardly ever get to see! Your kids are so cute! Good luck keeping up on your blog. I find that it can be a bit difficult sometimes. It just seems like another thing added to your "to do" list which, as a mother to four, you may find is already FOREVER long! We wish ya the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete