Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Writer's Workshop!

Over at Mama Kat's blog I found that she does a weekly writers workshop. Since I am trying to be better about blogging, but have a hard time getting my creative juices flowing sometimes, I decided that I am going to commit to do at least this every week. If you want to check it out...go over to Mama's Losin' It!

My chosen topic this week...Your friend tells you he can pick up any girl at the bar, no matter what he says. You bet him $100 he can't. Create the world's worst pick up line and send your friend off into the crowd. What happens?

This my friends is hilarious! Because this truly happened not too long ago. You see we have these friends named Kerrie and Mike, and they have this really love hate relationship. Sometimes they just need a break from each other, and this little story happened during one of their infamous 1-2 week break ups.

A bunch of us decided to go to dinner together, as couples, it was Us, Brandie and OD, Sean and Angie, Nick and Kristine, and Mike...because he was at this very moment in time, staying with Brandie and OD, so he got to tag along. Mike is a very social guy and I swear he has NO SHAME. He will do or say anything, and he'll do it for $1, not $100. Hahaha. So we're having dinner and out comes the challenge. Mike's challenge of the night is to go up to as many girls as it takes and use the following pick-up line, and he has to keep doing it until he gives up, or gets a phone number. If he actually got a phone number, I really do think the bet was for a pack of cigs or something. The pick up line, which I think would definitely be classified as the worst EVER was this

"Hi, I'm Mike, I'm 34, I have no job and I'm living in my friends spare room, do you think you'd want to go out sometime?"

So we have this really cute little waitress, who you can just tell is really shy. He decides to make her his first target, I guess we should have set some ground rules cause after he completely humiliated her, she avoided our table as much as she could the rest of the night which really made it hard to keep my alcohol flowing to maintain my happy little buzz I had after that first Margarita. I &hearts Presidente Margaritas! I finally got another one though, and the greatest thing about them is that they are good for about 3 drinks in 1. Thank goodness. So as the buzzes got bigger Mike started getting more and more diligent about getting a phone number, or embarrassing everyone at the table I can't decide which. But he started offering up all of us. Like Come on! My friends Jaime and Shane over there just asked me to find someone for them to take home tonight...Or Brandie and OD really want me to find someone to help me pay the rent I owe them. It was hilarious and none of us could stop laughing, but believe me, we did walk out of there with one very good lesson learned. Do not bet Mike anything that could be potentially embarrassing. Cause if the bet is that he has to get a phone number, he will do anything to get that phone number! Plus, as with anything I've ever seen when everyone thinks we'll all get a good laugh at Mike's expense, it usually backfires.

The other thing we learned is that we probably don't ever want to put him and Jessica in a public situation together... although that could really make for some great laughs.

2 comments:

  1. Hysterical!! I love Mama Kat. I'm surprised that pick up line didn't work...The worst pick up line I ever got..

    Want to go out? If you drive and get gas I'll pay for dinner. Here is the kicker, I said yes and we have been happily married for over five years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL... Oh come on! I am not that bad... At least I do have "some" shame!

    ReplyDelete