Monday, May 11, 2009

Not Me Monday



Today I will officially be joining the Not me! Monday crowd, courtesy of McMama over here at My Charming kids. McMama is an amazing mommy and I've been followingher blog for a while not. Her story, her sense of humor, and her wit keeps me always checking back for more.


This weekend I did not jump up and down as I watched nasty sewage FLOW (that being the key word here) out of a clogged pipe which required the demolition of half of my beautiful back yard to get to. Something so gross could not excite me!

I did not cringe just a little inside after they buried the pipe back up and I saw the mess left in my beautiful back yard.

I did not look at my babies all day on mothers day and think of how happy I am that I'm a mommy. I also did not miss Austin and Lex, and wish my whole family was together on MY day.

I did not do a little happy dance when I dropped my camera and saw it shatter on the floor. I would not do that! I do not like spending money on things that are mostly for my benefit.

I did not completely selfishly start a Tattoo Fund. I will not be taking all my spare change and extra money from my allowance and completely horde it to myself and stash it away for my tattoo that I have been wanting for years. I did not quit smoking and decide that I deserve a reward for that. I do not already have almost $40 in it :)

I did not spend my entire Mother's day cruising around visiting the mother's. Even though I'm a mother too I did not get home at 8:30 at night and I did not have to fix some dinner for my family. I did not think ahhhh mother's day! This is what being a mommy is REALLY about.

I did not give in and give Wheezer her binky because she was driving me insane. I did not take the fact that she had been without it for our entire trip to San Diego and throw it down the drain just to get her off my leg. I would NOT do that. That would be bad. And I definatley didn't look the other way when husbee did the same thing.

I did not gracefully dismiss myself from a late night conversation with Husbee and his Bromance because they were getting loud and I knew we would argue. I did not fake completely exhausted just to avoid becoming completely irritated. And I was not completely successful in my scam.

I did not steal my daughter's hair flower this morning and wear it in my hair because it matched the print on my skirt PERFECTLY...

I did not wear a skirt this morning for the sole reason that I've held out on Husbee for a bit due to hormonal bitchy tendencies, and I know he needs a little TLC. I do not plan in using the fact that I am easily accessible to seduce him when he gets home. And I do not think that I look extra hot today, to also aid me in my seduction.

I did not make THE BEST grilled cheese, and I did not smile like a school girl when my husband bragged about it to everyone this weekend. I am not completely tickled that I put together my second self made up recipe and it was a success, and I am not proud that my cooking is taking a new direction.

I did not use the trip to the store to pick up gifts for my mother's as a secret excuse to get some stuff for myself. I am not really excited about my new knifes, baking ware, and waffle maker. And I did not get the waffle maker just because I knew 1 of my kids would love it. I did not say I really wanted one, and I did not fail to mention that I don't even like waffles...

I hope you enjoyed my first week ever of "Not me Monday" the others I read always make me laugh, mostly cause i can relate so I decided to try. It really is like therapy!

1 comment: