Thursday, May 21, 2009

Our New American Idol!!!


Congratulations Kris Allen!!!
I ♥ You

I know there is a ton of controversy over Kris winning last night. And I know there are a lot of disappointed Adam Lambert fans out there. But just let me tell you exactly why I am so happy with last nights results.

I LOVE KRIS, I'm a huge fan of boys who play the acoustic guitar and have that grungy voice and sing songs with awesome lyrics and messages (ie: Dashboard Confessional, Second Hand Serenade) It is no secret that this is my FAVORITE kind of music. And when Kris started showing his true abilities, I was in love.

I started out the season IN LOVE with Danny Gokey. I thought he had it in the bag every time I seen him, until they got down to about the top 5 or 6, then, he started to bore me. It was the same old Danny every time. Sure he is a great singer, and will probably go on to make a good album, but he just started to bore me.

I also have been a HUGE Adam fan the ENTIRE show. I think that Adam is definately one of the most, if not the most talented and conditioned performers to hit the Idol stage EVER. He is refined and at an entirely different level than ANYONE else in this year's compitition. This is why many people think he should have won the whole thing. And I'll tell you, if he won, I would have been fine with that too. I think he's absolutely amazing.


but let me tell you MY opinion to why I think America made the right decision last night...

Did you HEAR the song that was written to be the winning Idol's first single... That would be a disaster for Adam. I think Adam needs to have a little more freedom and his album needs to take a differnet direction than the Idol winner would be provided. I think Kris, is a good fit for what they do to the Idol winners. He fits the kind of music they like to fill Idol Winners first albums with. Adam on the other hand is one of a kind. He needs to be embraced and marketed as just that, the ONE AND ONLY Adam Lambert. His style, and vocal abilities can take him far, if they pair him with the RIGHT writers, and music style. But rushing him to the studio to put out an AMERICAN IDOL WINNER album right away I think will do him no justice.

Take David Cook for example, he was my favorite contestant last year. He is a great singer, musician, and song writer. I think, by listening to a lot of his album, that although I like it alright, so much of what I LOVED about him was lost in the main stream transition that IS Idol. David Cook put out his own album, before he ever went on Idol, and I heard the songs off of that album, and the writing, musically, and lyrically was perfet. (imho) I think his passion, when performing HIS OWN music, shows through so much more than when he sings the songs you know where hand picked, pre-written, by some one else (just look at last night's performance for example, no doubt he wrote that one). Although I do realize that he wrote/ or co-wrote ALMOST every song on the album, I think it's apparent that a lot of artistic control was lost when he won Idol. He went from being so original, and now MOST of his album is so much like every other "rocker" out there.

Adam on the other hand cannot be just lumped into the "Idol Rocker" category. He will go on to do bigger and better things as the Idol Runner up, than I think he could have done as the Idol winner. So there My friends, I have shared my piece. I hope I haven't offended any Adam fans, because I stress it again, I LOVE Adam!


So to both of the Idol Finalists....

Congratualtions! You were BOTH the right choice!!!





2 comments:

  1. I never thought about it that way; I was just glad it wasn't Adam so that I can give the hubs a hard time. But you are right, and I will tell it to hubs later today. Maybe he will stop the whining.

    ReplyDelete