Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ready, Set, Record...

Anyone who knows husbee and I know that we are series freaks. You see with 4 small children, sitting through a movie can sometimes be tough, and by the time we actually lay ourselves down in our cozy little bed at night it's usually too late to watch a movie. This my friends is why our cable bill is a fortune, and we ARE NOT NOT NOT willing to give that up. Because there's always time for a 1/2 hour - an hour episode of great TV. This is also why we stick with Comcast, because the on demand feature saves our butts if we ever forget to set our DVR (which I usually don't) Any-hoo, I thought I'd post a little bit about what's coming back that I'm CAN'T wait for, and what's new that I think I'm liking.


First off right now The Tudors is back on Showtime. I have to say (and if I'm wrong I'm sorry I'm about 3 episodes behind right now) that I don't think I like this season as much as the other 2. Hence the reason I'm probably 3 episodes behind, because the last 2 seasons I couldn't wait to watch it. The story isn't really that different, and I think that it's heading in an interesting direction, especially 2 wifes in 1 season, the prospect of war, and I really really like how Princess Mary's character is developing. Let me tell you what I think my problem is.

THE EYE CANDY!!!

The Tudors used
to be FULL of Eye candy for both me and Husbee. Not to mention it's pretty damn racy, I think it showed more sex in the first 2 seasons than I'd ever seen in any other series. Now granted, there's still eye candy for Husbee, with Joss Stone Joining the cast, she's one of his favorite hotties anyway. The problem is MY eye candy got ALL JACKED UP this season. Granted I STILL have my Charles Brandon (Henery Cavill pictured above because he is now hottest boy on show!) and he is still yummy...but Jonathan Rhys Myers!!! What is UP with the stupid looking facial hair and slicked back hair, and your Pouty Ass Hole disposition is not so flattering. Your hotness from the last 2 seasons is dissipating with every episode I watch. Now I understand that you're playing the tyrant King Henry VIII, and that in real life, no matter what kind of facial hair you grow you will be MUCH hotter than he ever was, but given the fact that they already totally threw historical accuracy out the window as far as how many pretty people they used in this show, could you please shave and fix your hair, and tell them to LEAVE YOU ALONE... please let go back to being sexy bad boy king. Here let me show you...
Season 1 a little boyish, but hot Season 2 totally bad and SEXY Season 3 angry, and WTF?

You probably have to click to enlarge these, but this goes from Season 1 to season 3. I don't know if this is the REAL reason I'm not truely into this this year, but I do know I find myself so preocupied being upset with how not hot he is, to enjoy the show. I will be catching up on this in the next couple days, and I will be trying my hardest to put this little detail behind me while doing so. I guess we'll see if I change my mind.

Well that post ended up longer than I thought it would. LOL See I told you I LOVE my cable series! I guess I will continue this tomorrow.

Lates!

No comments:

Post a Comment